Monday, May 26, 2014

The Here and Now Review

The Here and Now

TITLE: The Here and Now
AUTHOR: Ann Brashares
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/8/2014
PAGES: 256
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: This is the story of seventeen-year-old Prenna James, who immigrated to New York when she was twelve. Except Prenna didn't come from a different country. She came from a different time--a future where a mosquito-borne illness has mutated into a pandemic, killing millions and leaving the world in ruins.

Prenna and the others who escaped to the present day must follow a strict set of rules: never reveal where they're from, never interfere with history, and never, ever be intimate with anyone outside their community. Prenna does as she's told, believing she can help prevent the plague that will one day ravage the earth.

But everything changes when Prenna falls for Ethan Jarves.

Thrilling, exhilarating, haunting, and heartbreaking, The Here and Now is a twenty-first century take on an impossible romance. A girl from the future might be able to save us...if she lets go of the one thing she's found to hold on to.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: The concept of this book is so interesting to me. It has the dystopian elements that I love, but lately have been getting redundant, so the time travel element is a nice change. I really loved the idea of this book, but I feel like more could have been done with it. More detailed explanations about the future, time travel, what some of the characters were trying to accomplish.

CHARACTERS: I loved both Prenna and Ethan. The relationship between the two of them is so cute and sweet, but it's also very natural as well, none of that irritating insta-love here.

COVER: I don't really like the cover. The font is too harsh and the partial face is kind of creepy.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!