Thursday, May 22, 2014

Killer Instinct Review

Killer  Instinct

TITLE: Killer Instinct
AUTHOR: S.E. Green
PUBLISHER: Simon Pulse
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/6/2014
PAGES: 272
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Lane is a typical teenager: Loving family. Good grades. After-school job at the local animal hospital. Martial arts enthusiast. But her secret obsession is studying serial killers. She understands them, knows what makes them tick.

Why?

Because she might be one herself.

Lane channels her dark impulses by hunting criminals--delivering justice when the law fails. The vigilantism stops shy of murder. But with each visceral rush, the line of self-control blurs.

And then a young preschool teacher goes missing. Only to return...in parts. 

When Lane excitedly gets involved in the hunt for the Decapitator, the vicious serial murderer who has come to her hometown, she gets dangerously caught up in a web of lies about her birth dad and her own dark past. And once the Decapitator contacts Lane directly, Lane knows she is no longer invisible or safe. Now she needs to use her unique talents to find the true killer's identity before she--or someone she loves--becomes the next victim...

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This book is not a book for everyone. It is dark and twisted and I don't think that everyone will enjoy it. On the other hand, I was sucked in from the first chapter. I loved the writing style and how it made me feel like I was in the story. 

I feel very much like my brain has been scrambled after finishing this. I loved trying to figure everything out, and the ending was a shocker for me. I don't want to say too much and give anything away, but this book is filled with twists and turns.

CHARACTERS: It's hard to relate to the characters in this book. Lane has a pretty dark personality, but she makes a wonderful main character and I really enjoyed reading about her.

COVER: The cover is okay. It's pretty plain and a little creepy.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!