Monday, May 5, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Review

The Fault in Our Stars

TITLE: The Fault in Our Stars
AUTHOR: John Green
PUBLISHER: Dutton Books
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/10/2012
PAGES: 318
MY RATING:


INSIDE COVER SUMMARY: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has brought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I have been wanting to read this book for a really long time. This is my first John Green book, and now I want to read all of his books. I was competely sucked in from the very first line. I love the writing style and the voice.

I enjoyed the story line of this book so much. The pacing of the story was perfect. I love how the events unfolded, particularly the part of the story that has to do with Hazel's favorite book.

CHARACTERS: The character development throughout this book was great. I felt like I knew each of the characters personally. Hazel and Gus just fit together perfectly. Isaac was a great character as well.

COVER: I am obsessed with the cover. The colors are gorgeous and I love how it looks like a chalkboard.

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone except me has read this book! I'm on the waiting list for the library so it will happen soon I hope! Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!