Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dear Killer Review **MAJOR SPOILERS**

Dear Killer

TITLE: Dear Killer
AUTHOR: Katherine Ewell
PUBLISHER: Katherine Tegen Books
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/1/2014
PAGES: 368
MY RATING:


SUMMARY FROM GOODREADS: Rule One--Nothing is right, nothing is wrong.
Rule Two--Be careful.
Rule Three--Fight using your legs whenever possible, because they're the strongest part of your body. You're arms are the weakest.
Rule Four--Hit to kill. The first blow should be the last, if at all possible.
Rule Five--The letters are the law.

Kit takes her role as London's notorious "Perfect Killer" seriously. The letters and cash that come to her via a secret mailbox are not a game; choosing who to kill is not an impulse decision. Every letter she receives begins with the "Dear Killer," and every time Kit murders, she leaves a letter with the dead body. Her moral nihilism and thus her murders are a way of life--the only way of life she has ever known.

But when a letter appears in the mailbox that will have the power to topple Kit's convictions as perectly as she commits her murders, she must make a decision: follow the only rules she has ever known, or challenge Rule One, and go from there. 

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I'm intrigued by the plot. It's a really strange and twisted situation, which makes for good reading in my eyes.

I did not like the ending at all. For me, a perfect ending would have been Kit killing Alex and getting away with everything. And that being her last murder, she moves with her mom and starts over with a normal life, with nobody ever finding out. I feel like Kit giving herself up at the end goes against her personality and is not something that she would choose to do.

CHARACTERS: I liked Maggie a lot, so it was kind of hard for me reading this knowing that Kit was planning on killing her. I was kind of hoping that she would change her mind, but I also knew if she did change her mind that would go against everything she has ever known and the rules that keep her in line.

COVER: The cover is okay. I like the script in the background that looks like it could be one of the letters she receives.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!