Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How To Love Review


TITLE: How To Love
AUTHOR: Katie Cotugno
PUBLISHER: Balzer + Bray
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/1/2013
PAGES: 400
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Before: Reena Montero has loved Sawyer LeGrande for as long as she can remember: as natural as breathing, as endless as time. But he's never seemed to notice that Reena even exists...until one day, impossibly, he does. Reena and Sawyer fall in messy, complicated love. But then Sawyer disappears from their humid Florida town without a word, leaving a devastated--and pregnant--Reena behind.

After: Almost three years have passed, and there's a new love in Reena's life: her daughter, Hannah. Reena's gotten used to life without Sawyer, and she's finally getting the hang of this strange, unexpected life. But just as swiftly and suddenly as he disappeared, Saywer turns up again. Reena doesn't want anything to do with him, though she'd be lying if she said Sawyer's being back wasn't stirring something in her. After everything that's happened, can Reena really let herself love Sawyer LeGrande again?

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was a sweet story, but it still had a lot of depth and deals with a few intense topics. I really loved the alternating perspectives of before the pregnancy and after the pregnancy. Sometimes I get confused with alternating timelines, but this was really easy to follow and place myself within each time. The ending was predictable, but it was good and I enjoyed it.

CHARACTERS: Reena is such a great character. I feel like the character development with her was really well done. I can understand everything she is feeling and I am torn right along with her when it comes to her relationships with the other people in the book.

COVER: The cover is cute. Nice and plain. I like the embossing of the words.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!