Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Eat, Brains, Love Review


TITLE: Eat, Brains, Love
AUTHOR: Jeff Hart
PUBLISHER: Harper Teen
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/1/2013
PAGES: 352
MY RATING:


BACK COVER BLURB: The Good News: Jake's dream girl, Amanda Blake, finally knows his name. The Bad News: It's because they both contracted a mysterious zombie virus, ate half the senior class, and are on the run from a teen psychic who the government sent to track them down.

As Jake and Amanda deal with the existential guilt of eating their best friends, Cass struggles with a growing psychic dilemma of her own--one that will lead the three of them on an epic journey across the country and make them question what it means to be truly alive. Or undead.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was a really entertaining book. It was extremely humorous and fun, but also gory at times. I see this as a "fluff" read between more intense books. I'm not saying this wasn't a good book, because I did enjoy it a lot, it just wasn't a book with a deep meaning. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants a fun read to have a good time with.

CHARACTERS: I liked most of the characters in this book. Jake and Amanda were fun to watch interact with each other. Alastaire is a great villain. 

COVER: For some reason the cover grosses me out a little, but I'm not sure why. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, this is a zombie book and it can get pretty gory.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!