Friday, December 13, 2013

The Eye of Minds Review (ARC)


TITLE: The Eye of Minds
AUTHOR: James Dashner
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/8/2013
PAGES: 304
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Michael is a gamer. And like most gamers, he almost spends more time on the VirtNet than in the actual world. The VirtNet offers total mind and body immersion, and it's addictive. Thanks to technology, anyone with enough money can experience fantasy worlds, risk their life without the chance of death, or just hang around with VirtNet friends. And the more hacking skills you have, the more fun. Why bother following the rules when most of them are dumb, anyway?

But some rules were made for a reason. Some technology is too dangerous to fool with. And recent reports claim that one gamer is going beyond what any gamer has done before: he's holding players hostage inside the VirtNet. The effects are horrific -- the hostages have all been declared brain-dead. Yet the gamer's motives are a mystery.

The government knows that to catch a hacker, you need a hacker.

And they've been watching Michael. They want him on their team.

But the risk is enormous. If he accepts their challenge, Michael will need to go off the VirtNet grid. There are back alleys and corners in the system human eyes have never seen and predators he can't even fathom -- and there's the possibility that the line between game and reality will be blurred forever.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This book is so amazing. I loved it so much! The book wastes no time jumping into the action packed story, and I love when books do that. I feel like I don't have a whole lot to say about this book because it was just so good. 

The ending was also amazing. I predicted some of it, but I was also surprised by other parts. All I can say is read this, you will not be disappointed. I cannot wait for the next installment to come out. I am really interested to see how Michael (the main character) explains everything to Sarah and Bryson (the supporting characters) and how they react to it.

CHARACTERS: I don't really know a whole lot about the characters. This book is more focused on the plot, and I'm okay with that. I feel like the next book will have a little more character development in it.

COVER: I like the cover a lot. It's so shiny!

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!