Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Chasing Shadows


TITLE: Chasing Shadows
AUTHOR: Swati Avasthi
GRAPHICS: Craig Phillips
PUBLISHER: Alfred A. Knopf
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/24/2013
PAGES: 320
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Before: Corey, Holly, and Savitri are one unit--fast, strong, inseparable. Together they turn Chicago concrete and asphalt into a freerunner's jungle gym, ricocheting off walls, scaling buildings, leaping from rooftop to rooftop. But acting like a superhero doesn't make you bulletproof....

After: Holly and Savitri are coming unglued. Holly says she's chasing Corey's killer, chasing revenge. Savitri fears Holly's just running wild--and leaving her behind. Friends should stand by each other in times of crisis. But can you hold on too tight? Too long?

In this intense novel, Swati Avasthi creates a gripping portrait of two girls teetering on the edge of grief and insanity. Two girls who will find out just how many ways there are to lose a friend...and how many ways to be lost.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: During the first couple of pages, I thought I wasn't going to enjoy reading this. Then something in the story happened and I was hooked. The ending wraps up very nicely and left me completely satisfied. The graphic novel aspect of the book was interesting. For me, I found it distracting and wanted to get back to the written story, but I understand how some people would really enjoy it.

CHARACTERS: Holly makes me so mad. She's so reckless and one-track minded. She doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants.

COVER: The cover is really nice. It's not one of my favorite covers, but it does fit the story very well.

*I received an ARC copy of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!