Monday, December 23, 2013

Stained Review (ARC)


TITLE: Stained
AUTHOR: Cheryl Rainfield
PUBLISHER: Harcourt Children's Books
PUBLICATION DATE: 11/19/2013
PAGES: 304
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Seventeen-year-old Sarah Meadows covers the walls of her bedroom with images of beautiful faces she clips from magazines--and longs for "normal." Born with a port-wine stain covering half her face, all her life she's been plagued by stares, giggles, bullying, and disgust. Why can't she be like Diamond, the comic-book hero she created? Diamond would never let the insults in. That's harder for Sarah.

But when she's abducted on the way home from school, Sarah is forced to uncover the courage she never knew she had. Can she look beyond her face to find the beauty and strength she has inside, somehow becoming a hero rather than a victim? It's the only way Sarah will have any chance of escaping the prison--both seen and unseen--that this deranged killer has placed around her.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I flew so fast through this book. It is intense, scary, and amazing. When I was reading this, I felt like I was there with Sarah. I felt her struggle, her fear and desperation as well as her bravery. This book made me want to pick up everything Cheryl Rainfield has ever written.

CHARACTERS: Sarah is such a strong and inspiring character. Nick is amazing as well. He never gives up on Sarah and is there for her and her parents. Needless to say, I hated the character that kidnaps Sarah. He was cruel and disgusting.

COVER: The cover's alright. It's not my absolute favorite, but I do like the purple writing.

*I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you loved STAINED, Stacey! (smiling at you) I'm glad it made you feel like you were right there with Sarah, and so glad you see her strength!
    Take good care,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!