Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Teardrop by Lauren Kate Review (ARC)


TITLE: Teardrop
AUTHOR: Lauren Kate
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/22/2013
PAGES: 464
MY RATING:

SUMMARY (from Goodreads): Never, ever cry...

Seventeen-year-old Eureka won't let anyone close enough to feel her pain. After her mother was killed in a freak accident, the things she used to love hold no meaning. She wants to escape, but one thing holds her back: Ander, the boy who is everywhere she goes, whose turquoise eyes are like the ocean.

And then Eureka uncovers an ancient tale of romance and heartbreak, about a girl who cried an entire continent into the sea. Suddenly her mother's death and Ander's appearance seem connected, and her life takes on dark undercurrents that don't make sense.

Can everything you love be washed away?

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I didn't enjoy reading this book. I feel like it took forever to get to the meat of the story. I was just reading and reading trying to get to the good part. And then, just when I thought it was going to pick up and the story line would progress, it slowed back down and dragged on. The last chapter finally got interesting - and then the book was over. 

I feel like the second book in the series will be better with more plot progression, but I'm not sure I'll ever pick it up to find out.

CHARACTERS: Eureka was an okay character. I feel like the romance between her and Ander was way too sudden and didn't really make any sense to me. I really liked Brooks and I do want to know what is going to happen to him. 

COVER: The cover is gorgeous! I love the colors and the embossing. And I love how the model's dress is made up of water.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!