Saturday, December 14, 2013

Not a Drop to Drink Review (ARC)


TITLE: Not a Drop to Drink
AUTHOR: Mindy McGinnis
PUBLISHER: Katherine Tegen Books
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/9/2013
PAGES: 320
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Regret was for people with nothing to defend, people who had no water. Lynn knows every threat to her pond: drought, a snowless winter, coyotes, and, most important, people looking for a drink. She makes sure anyone who comes near the pond leaves thirst or doesn't leave at all.

Confident in her own abilities, Lynn has no use for the world beyond the nearby fields and forest. Having a life means dedicating it to survival and the constant work of gathering wood and water. Having a pond requires the fortitude to protect it, something Mother taught her well during their quiet hours on the rooftop, rifles in hand.

But wisps of smoke on the horizon mean one thing: strangers. They mysterious footprints by the pond, the nighttime threaths, and the gunshots make it all too clear Lynn has exactly what they want, and they won't stop until they get it...

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I had no idea what to expect or what this book was about, I honestly just picked it up because of the cover. I was pleasantly surprised. This was a good story. It kept me interested the whole way through. It made me think about the things that I have in my everyday life that I take for granted and how far would I go to protect them.

The epilogue left everything in a good place and I feel satisfied with it.

CHARACTERS: I love the characters of both Neva and Eli. Neva is so sweet and innocent and she just makes you fall in love with her. Eli tries really hard and is very caring. I actually liked every one of the characters in this book and enjoyed reading about them all.

COVER: I really like the cover. The yellow tinge to it gives it a very post apocalyptic feel.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!