Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Wrong Mother


Title: The Wrong Mother



Author: Sophie Hannah



Pages: 416


My Rating:
(out of 5)

Goodreads.com Summary: Sally Thorning is watching the news with her husband when she hears and un-expected name-Mark Bretherick. It's a name she shouldn't know, but last year Sally treated herself to a secret vacation-away from her hectic family life-and met a man. After their brief affair, the two planned to never meet. But now, Mark's wife and daughter are dead-and the safety of Sally's old family is in doubt. Sophie Hannah established herself as a new master of psychological suspense with her previous novel, Little Face. Now with accomplished prose and plot guaranteed to keep readers guessing, The Wrong Mother is Hannah's most captivating work yet.

My Review: I could not get enough of this book. After I read my copy I put it somewhere and I can't seem to find it, hence the summary from Goodreads instead of the inside cover blurb today, so let me summarize the book a little bit more. Basically, Sally Thorning goes away on vacation and has an affair with a man name Mark Bretherick. Some time later, she is watching the news and it shows that Mark's wife and daughter are both dead, but the man claiming to be Mark on t.v. isn't the same man who Sally had an affair with.

The book is a murder mystery and keeps you guess at every turn. This was definately a book that I did not want to stop reading. It's very suspenseful and I kept needing to know what was going to happen next. There were many things that I didn't understand in the beginning of the book that I just had to keep reading to untangle the mystery.





CymLowell

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!