Friday, November 13, 2009

Ruined

Title: Ruined: A Novel


Author: Paula Morris


Pages: 309


My Rating:
Inside Cover Blurb: Rebecca Brown couldn't feel more out of place in New Orleans, where she comes to live while her dad is away on business. She's staying in a creepy house with her aunt Claudia, who reads tarot cards for a living. And at the snooty prep school, a pack of filthy-rich girls treat Rebecca like she's invisible. Only gorgeous, unavailable Anton Grey seems to give Rebecca the time of day, but she wonders if he's got a hidden agenda.
Then one night, among the oak trees in Lafayette Cemetery, Rebecca makes a friend. Sweet, mysterious Lisette is eager to show Rebecca the nooks and crannies of New Orleans. There's just one catch.
Lisette is a ghost.
A ghost with a deep, dark secret, and a serious score to settle.
As Rebecca learns more from her ghost friend--and as she begins to trust Anton Grey--she also uncovers startling truths about her own history. Will Rebecca be able to right the wrongs of the past, or has everything been ruined beyond repair?
My Review:
I won this book in a giveaway contest hosted by Lauren at Shooting Stars Mag.
I enjoyed this book. It was a fun and cute read. The character moves to New Orleans while her dad is away in China. From the beginning you can see there is something odd going on with the families that live in the town. I think that's what made this book so enjoyable for me. The entire time I was reading it, I just wanted to know what the connection was between the main character (Rebecca) and the rest of the town. I wanted to know what everyone was keeping from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!