Monday, May 18, 2015

The Motherless Child Project Review (Audio)

The Motherless Child Project (Book 1)TITLE: The Motherless Child Project
AUTHOR: Janie McQueen & Robin Karr
NARRATOR: Wendy Pitts
PUBLISHER: Burning Sage Publishing Company
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/13/2015
FORMAT: Audio
LENGTH: 4 Hours & 36 Minutes
SOURCE: Audiobook Blast & Wendy Pitts
MY RATING: 

SUMMARY (From Goodreads): In her 16-year-old upscale Charleston, South Carolina life, the biggest problems Emily Amber Rose has had to face run along the lines of designing alternative Halloween costumes, losing five pounds before school pictures, sourcing aromatherapy candles, and finding a bridesmaid dress out of season.

Until she hears an old gospel song that leads her to wonder who she really is.

A dangerous crush, a disturbing world of police, judges, phony mental evaluations, and disappearing parents...

How can a routine school assignment go so wrong?

MY THOUGHTS: I loved this book so much. I was so enthralled with the story and was flying through it to find out what was going to happen next. The story itself was really interesting. I enjoyed reading about the relationship that develops between Emily Amber (the main character) and Bright (one of the kids who ends up joining Emily Amber's online forum). I am hoping that there is a book 2 in the works because I would really like to see where the story goes and I'm interesting in finding out what happens to Bright.

I didn't really enjoy the narrator on this book. To me, I just felt like she kind of mushes her words together, but I was still able to enjoy the story in spite of that. I also really liked that I got to hear the "Motherless Child" song throughout the book.

**I received an audible copy of this book from Audiobook Blast and Wendy Pitts for my honest review.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!