Friday, March 6, 2015

The Third Twin Review

The Third TwinTITLE: The Third Twin
AUTHOR: C. J. Omololu
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/24/2015
FORMAT: ARC
PAGES: 336
SOURCE: Amazon Vine
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: When they were little, Lexi and her identical twin, Ava made up a third sister, Alicia. If something broke? Alicia did it. Cookies got eaten? Alicia's guilty. Alicia was always to blame for everything.

The game is all grown up now that the girls are seniors. They use Alicia as their cover to go out with boys who are hot but not exactly dating material. Boys they'd never, ever be with in real life.

Now one of the guys Alicia went out with has turned up dead, and Lexi wants to stop the game for good. As coincidences start piling up, Ava insists that if they follow the rules for being Alicia, everything will be fine. But when another boy is killed, the DNA evidence and surveillance photos point to only one suspect--Alicia. The girl who doesn't exist.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I really like the concept behind this story and I was hoping that it would live up to my expectations. My expectations were a little too high though and I was slightly disappointed, but I didn't hate it. I was expecting this book to read as more of a mystery/suspense novel, but it was more like a contemporary novel with  mystery/suspense elements. The story line was good, I just felt like I wanted it to be more intense. I wanted to be kept on the edge of my seat the whole time, but the story was more tame with a few moments of suspense. I would definitely recommend this to readers who like contemporary but want to try to branch out a little bit.

CHARACTERS: I feel like the characters kept making some decisions that I can't see anyone ever making. It just didn't make any sense to me why they were choosing to do these things. My favorite character in this book was Zane. I feel like he was a loyal friend and I liked his personality.

COVER: I like the cover. It is really creepy and part of the reason that I expected this book to be a lot more suspenseful.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review**

 

1 comment:

  1. I've been seeing this book all around and really like the title but at the same time I was afraid it would read a bit more like a contemp and seeing your review I'm not sure it would be for me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!