Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Liv, Forever Review

Liv, Forever

TITLE: Liv, Forever
AUTHOR: Amy Talkington
PUBLISHER: Soho Teen
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/11/2014
PAGES: 288
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: When Liv Bloom lands an art scholarship at Wickham Hall, it's her ticket out of the foster system. Liv isn't sure what to make of the school's weird traditions and rituals, but she couldn't be happier--especially when Malcolm Astor, fellow artist and scion of one of the school's original families, starts falling for her. Fellow scholarship kid Gabe Nichols warns her not to get involved with a "Wicky," but things are finally going Liv's way, and all she wants to do is enjoy it.

But Liv's bliss is cut short when she is viciously murdered. In death, she discovers she's the latest victim of a dark conspiracy that spans 150 years and many many lives. Gabe, cursed with the ability to see their ghosts, turns out to be Liv's only link to the world of the living.

Liv must rely on Gabe's help to prove to Malcolm that she's still present...lingering with the other spirits. Together, Liv, Gabe, and Malcolm fight to expose the terrible truth that haunts Wickham Hall before more lives are lost.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I didn't know anything at all about this book when I started it, so I really had no expectations whatsoever. I liked it a lot though. It's a fun story and mystery (even though the subject matter is pretty grim) and I enjoyed trying to figure out what was going on right along with Liv and her friends. 

There were a ton of artist references in this book. I honestly could have gone without most of them. Every once in a while it's fine, but in the first half of the book, there are literally so many references and I was getting sick of them. I don't know much about art so they didn't really mean anything to me. A few of them would have been fine, just to get the point across that art is Liv's entire world, but it was overkill in this book.

CHARACTERS: I didn't really understand the relationship between Liv and Malcolm. It was a case of insta-love that didn't make any sense at all to me. In my opinion they didn't have enough interaction with each other to fall in love. I really liked Gabe. I thought he was a great guy and a really fun character. 

COVER: The cover is really pretty, but also creepy at the same time. I love the bright pink font.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!