Friday, April 18, 2014

Faking Normal Review

Faking Normal

TITLE: Faking Normal
AUTHOR: Courtney C. Stevens
PUBLISHER: Harper Teen
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/1/2014
PAGES: 336
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Alexi Littrell hasn't told anyone what happened to her over the summer. Ashamed and embarrassed, she doesn't want to talk about that night at her backyard pool.

When Bodee Lennox, the quiet and awkward boy next door, comes to live with the Littrells, Alexi discovers an unlikely friend. As they lean on each other for support, Alexi gives him the strength to deal with his past, and Bodee helps her find the courage to finally face the truth.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I loved this book. I feel like this book is an updated version of "Speak" by Laurie Halse Anderson, which I loved as well (you can read my review here). It has the same feel to it, but it feels a little more recent. I had some theories while I was reading the book about what was going on and who did what, some things I guess correctly, but I was shocked by one of the revelations we learn. I just thought this was a very well done novel and I'm glad to have read it.

CHARACTERS: The main character in this book just breaks my heart. She's dealing with so many emotional issues and I just feel so bad for her. I really like Bodee. He's so sweet and is great with helping Alexi even though he's going through his own heartbreaking situation. I found out that there is a prequel to this book called "The Blue-Haired Boy" all about Bodee's life and I'm really interested in checking it out.

COVER: I like the cover. The girl on the cover is such a natural beauty, and I feel like she fits the image of the main character in the story. 

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!