Friday, March 28, 2014

Half-Bad Review


TITLE: Half Bad
AUTHOR: Sally Green
PUBLISHER: Viking Juvenile
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/4/2014
PAGES: 416
MY RATING: 


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Seventeen-year-old Nathan lives in a cage: beaten, shackled like a dog, trained to kill. In a modern-day England where two warring factions of witches live amongst humans, Nathan is an abomination, the illegitimate son of the world's most terrifying and violent witch, Marcus. Nathan's only hope for survival is to escape his captors, track down Marcus, and receive the three gifts that will bring him into his own magical powers--before it's too late. But how can Nathan find his father when his every action is tracked, when there is no one safe to trust, not even family, not even the girl he loves.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: First off, there's a table of contents in this book. I can't even remember the last time I read a fiction book with a table of contents (random, I know, but it caught my attention). I really liked this book. It does move a little slowly, but I feel like that's okay. This book is a lot of back story and world building, and I think that will make the sequel really great because all of that will be done and we will be able to dive into the meat of the story. 

CHARACTERS: For some reason I really like Celia. She is the witch who keeps Nathan locked up in the cage, but for some reason I feel like she is doing her best to help Nathan with the circumstances she has been given.

COVER: The cover of this book is amazing. I didn't realize that the blood on the cover is actually in the shape of a face until I saw someone on Youtube point it out, but that made me love it even more. 

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!