Saturday, February 1, 2014

Book Mad Libs #1 - Vampire Academy

I participate in a website called "Swap-Bot". Basically, you can sign up to swap things with other people - letters, stickers, handmade items, anything you can think of, you can swap. There are also groups on swap-bot that you can join with themes. These groups have officers in them who host swaps based on the theme of the group. 

One of the groups I am in, is called Carpe Librum and is all about books and bookish things. A swapper by the name of smadronia (one of the founder of Carpe Librum) came up with the idea to host a swap for a book themed mad-libs. I love the idea and I wanted to create a book-related mad libs meme. So if you want to play along, feel free to pick out your words and then make a post on your blog, or in the comments if you prefer, with what you came up with.

This week's theme is Vampire Academy.
Here is the list of words.

1. Adjective
2. Verb
3. Noun
4. Adjective
5. Part of Body (plural)
6. Noun
7. Verb ending in ING
8. Adjective
9. Part of Body
10. A Place
11. Person in Room (Male)
12. Adjective
13. Verb ending in ING
14. Verb

Here is the Mad-lib. Replace each number with your word for that number:

My name is Rose Hathaway, and I attend a/an _____1______school called St. Vladimir's, where I'm learning how to _____2_____ vampires. I'm going to be a/an _____3_____, a personal bodyguard trained to protect _____4_____ vampires called Moroi from the Strigoi, who are immortal killing machines. I won't know who I'm guarding until after I graduate, but I'm keeping my _____5_____ crossed that it will be my best _____6_____, Vasalisa Dragomir. 

Lissa's the last _____7_____ member of the Dragomir royal family, and we share a/an _____8_____ psychic connection. I'm the best person to watch her_____9_____. Only problem is, we ran away to (the) _____10_____ together, and we got caught and sent back to St. _____11_____'s in disgrace. I'll be _____12_____ if they even allow me to continue _____13_____ school! Plus, I'm pretty sure my mom's going to _____14_____ me!


Here's what I came up with:
My name is Rose Hathaway, and I attend a bubbly school called St. Vladimir's, where I'm learning how to teach vampires. I'm going to be a pineapple, a personal bodyguard trained to protect purple vampires called Moroi from the Strigoi, who are immortal killing machines. I won't know who I'm guarding until after I graduate, but I'm keeping my nostrils crossed that it will be my best table, Vasalisa Dragomir.

Lissa's the last reading member of the Dragomir royal family, and we share a spectacular psychic connection. I'm the best person to watch her toe. Only problem is, we ran away to Bath and Body Works together, and we got caught and sent back to St. Will's in disgrace. I'll be preppy if they even allow me to continue snoring school! Plus, I'm pretty sure my mom's going to dance me!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!