Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Being Sloane Jacobs Review


TITLE: Being Sloane Jacobs
AUTHOR: Lauren Morrill
PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/7/2014
PAGES: 352
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Meet Sloane Emily Jacobs: a seriously stressed-out figure skater who choked during junior nationals and isn't sure she's ready for a comeback. What she does know is that she'd give anything to escape the mass of misery that is her life.

Now meet Sloane Devon Jacobs, a spunky ice hockey player who's been suspended from her team for too many aggressive hip checks. Her punishment? Hockey camp, now, when she's playing the worst she's ever played. If she messes up? Her life will be over.

When the two Sloanes meet by chance and decide to trade places for the summer, each girl thinks she's the lucky one. But it didn't occur to Sloane E. that while avoiding sequins and axels she might meet a hockey hottie--and Sloane D. never expected to run into a familiar (and very good-looking) face from home. It's not long before the Sloanes discover that convincing people you're someone else might be more difficult than being yourself.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This book was just okay for me. I didn't believe it as much as I wish I did. Both girls took to the other sport really quickly. I feel like it would take a lot more work from both of them to be able to achieve the skills they were performing. The two characters having the same name was kind of confusing for me. I kept forgetting which one I was reading about and had to check the chapter titles quite a few times.

The very end of the book was really cute and made me laugh.

The story was alright. It was fun to read and I enjoyed it.

CHARACTERS: I liked both Sloanes. It was easy to relate to both of them.

COVER: The cover is cute. I like how the edges are faded and kind of vintage looking. And the text of the title is super cute.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the cover of this book. It has great colors and I agree with you about the font. I have been seeing this book around a lot and it was great to hear your thoughts. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!