Saturday, November 9, 2013

Fangirl Review

 photo 16068905.jpg

TITLE: Fangirl
AUTHOR: Rainbow Rowell
PUBLISHER: St. Martin's Griffin
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/10/2013
PAGES: 416
MY RATING:

BACK COVER SUMMARY: Cath doesn't think she's good at life--but she's really good at being a fan. She's been writing fanfiction since she was twelve, and she's gotten kind of famous in that world. But college is another "story." She's got a mean roommate (with a too-friendly boyfriend), her twin sister's ignoring her, her dad's a mess, her writing professor is pushing her too hard...She keeps having to rise to the occasion, but all she really wants to do is stay in her room and write. Is Cath ready to live her own life, write her own stories, and open her heart to someone? Or will she just go on living inside her fictional world?

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I really enjoyed reading this. I fell in love with the story, the characters, everything. I felt super warm and fuzzy and happy after finishing this book. This story connects with me and how my college days were. I was also the girl who just wanted to stay in her room and was afraid to venture outside of my comfort zone. I really enjoyed reading about Cath and the way she changed and learned to give new experiences a chance before shutting them out completely.

CHARACTERS: My favorite character is Levi. His character is just so awesome. He's always there for his friends with no questions asked and he's so nice to everyone.

COVER: I think the cover is cute and sums up the book pretty well. I like the simplicity of it.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!