Thursday, August 1, 2013

The End Games Review


TITLE: The End Games
AUTHOR: T. Michael Martin
PUBLISHER: Balzer + Bray
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/7/2013
PAGES: 384
MY RATING:
DNF

BACK COVER SUMMARY: In the rural mountains of West Virginia -- armed with only their rifle and their love for each other -- the brother follow Instructions from the mysterious Game Master. They spend their days searching for survivors, their nights fighting endless hordes of "Bellows" -- creatures that roam the dark, roaring for flesh. And at this Game, Michael and Patrick are very good.

But the game is changing.
The Bellows are evolving.
The Game Master is leading Michael and Patrick to other survivors -- survivors who don't play by the rules.
And the brothers will never be the same.

T. Michael Martin's debut novel is a transcendent thriller filled with electrifying action, searing emotional insight, and unexpected romance.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I really wanted to like this book. I haven't read a good zombie story in a long time so I was really hopeful about this one, but it just didn't do it for me. 

The language in the first chapter threw me off. It didn't feel natural or something -- it's hard to put my finger on it, but I had a hard time reading through it. 

This book was very boring for me. It needed more action. I found myself trying to find other things to do in order to avoid reading this book. Reading isn't supposed to be a chore, but this one was becoming a chore for me, so I gave up on it. Maybe I'll pick it up again in the future, but for now, I just can't continue it.

CHARACTERS: I really like the relationship between the two brothers, Michael and Patrick. I feel like Patrick is such a trooper, dealing with everything and hanging in there. And the way Michael takes care of his brother is heartwarming, you can tell he would do anything to protect him.

**I received an ARC copy of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!