Friday, April 12, 2013

Tempestuous Review


TITLE: Tempestuous
AUTHORS: Kim Askew & Amy Helmes
PUBLISHER: Merit Press
PUBLICATION DATE: 11/18/2012
PAGES: 224
MY RATING: 


INSIDE COVER SUMMARY: Banished from the school's popular crowd, former "it" girl Miranda Prospero finds herself in a brave new world: holding dominion amongst a rag-tag crew of geeks and misfits at the Hot-Dog Kabob stand in the food court of her local mall. When the worst winter storm of the season traps mall workers and last-minute shoppers for the night, Miranda seizes her chance for revenge against the catty clique behind her downfall. With help from her delightfully dweeby coworker, Ariel, and a sullen loner named Caleb who works at the mall's nearby gaming and magic shop, she uses charm and trickery to set things to right during this spirited take on Shakespeare's The Tempest. In one night, Miranda learns more about her own heart and human nature than she ever did as high school royalty.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was a really cute and sweet story with a little adventure and mystery thrown in. There's not a whole lot to say about it. I enjoyed reading it, and was entertained throughout the entire story. Unfortunately, I haven't ever read Shakespeare's "The Tempest" so I can't compare this version to that, but hopefully one day I'll be able to add that to my reading pile.

CHARACTERS: I really liked the character of Ariel. She was cute and caring. She is someone I would love to be friends with. Caleb was an interesting character as well. I feel like I learned about each of the characters and their values as the story progressed.

COVER: The cover is okay. Pretty simple and it ties in with the story fairly well.

**I received a finished copy of Tempestuous from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!