Friday, April 19, 2013

Pivot Point Review


TITLE: Pivot Point
AUTHOR: Kasie West
PUBLISHER: Harper Teen
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/12/2013
PAGES: 352
MY RATING: 


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Addison Coleman's life is one big "What if?" As a Searcher, whenever she is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. When Addie's parents announce they are getting divorced and she must pick who she wants to live with, she uses her ability to see her future with either parent--her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound where she grew up, or her mother, who is staying in the world Addie has always known. Navigating love and loss in chapters that alternate between her two possible futures, Addie must decide which reality she's willing to live through...and who she can't live without.

Pivot Point is an unforgettable story about a girl who has the power to see her alternate futures and must choose between two difficult fates.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I loved every second of this book. Once I actually sat down to read for a little bit, I didn't want to stop, it made me want to neglect everything else I had to do.

About halfway through, I caught some foreshadowing that almost made me not want to read any more because I was afraid of what might happen later. Then, two seconds later I was flipping the pages of the book again.

Usually stories that jump back and forth confuse me and leave me feeling lost, but this didn't do that at all. I was engaged with both alternatives and I needed to keep reading them both equally.

The ending of the book was incredible. It was so exciting and intense. I cannot wait for the next book in the series to be released.

CHARACTERS: I really liked the main character, Addie. She is very easy to relate to and I believe all of her feelings.  My favorite character in the book is Trevor. He is very sweet and caring.

COVER: I really like the cover. I like what they did with the one clear image of the girl and the other faded image of the same girl.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!