Friday, February 15, 2013

Pushing the Limits Review


TITLE: Pushing The Limits
AUTHOR: Katie McGarry
PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/31/2012
PAGES: 392
MY RATING: 

INSIDE COVER SUMMARY: No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I saw that this book had tons of 4 and 5 star reviews on Goodreads. Everyone said that it was emotional. It's been a while since I've read anything that has made me emotional so I was excited to give this book a try. I was literally chewing my nail during some of the scenes of the book because they were so intense. I loved everything. I feel like the story moved along at a great pace and I enjoyed reading it every step of the way.

CHARACTERS: Echo and Noah have great chemistry together and I liked reading their interactions with each other. I liked Mrs. Collins, the guidance counselor  I felt like she was really genuine and cared for both Echo and Noah. I hated the character of Luke. He was just so aggravating and selfish.

COVER: The cover is cute. My favorite thing about the cover of this is that when you take off the book jacket, there is a larger photo printed directly on the the cover that wraps around to the back. I always check under the book jackets of my books to see if there is anything underneath and I love the rare times that I actually discover something.

*I received a copy of the book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!