Friday, February 15, 2013

Beautiful Creatures Review


TITLE: Beautiful Creatures
AUTHORS: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
PUBLISHER:  Little, Brown and Company
PUBLICATION DATE:
PAGES: 563
MY RATING: 



INSIDE COVER SUMMARY: Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps, and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was my second time reading Beautiful Creatures. I read it a while ago (back in 2010 before I started reviewing books), but I wanted to read it again before the movie came out. I really enjoyed reading it. The book mainly focuses on the love story between Lena and Ethan, but there are still a lot of events and action happening throughout.  I never found myself bored at any point in the book and was constantly making time to read this. I haven't seen the movie yet, but when I do I may come back and update this post with my thoughts.

CHARACTERS: I like Ethan's attitude throughout the book. He doesn't care what everyone else thinks, even though he's supposed to be the "hot-shot" star basketball player.  He is very faithful and encouraging to Lena. I also really like the character of Link, Ethan's best friend. He accepts Ethan's choices and doesn't abandon him when the rest of their group of friends does.

COVER: I like the cover. It is simple and I love the font used for the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!