Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dead to You by Lisa McMAnn (ARC)

 

TITLE: Dead to You
AUTHOR: Lisa McMann
PUBLISHER: Simon Pulse (Simon & Schuster)
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/7/2012
PAGES: 256
MY RATING:

 BACK COVER SUMMARY: Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family.

It's a miracle...at first.

Then the tensions start to build, and his family starts falling apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together.

But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked.

Something unspeakable...
OVERALL IMPRESSION: I just finished reading this book and I had to hurry and write a review for it. I want to scream after reading this book. It got my heart rate up and I flew through the last few chapters. The book is a really quick read, and the story line is pretty slow moving, but it is really interesting. While I was reading it, I wanted to know more about how Ethan was feeling and what he was going through. The ending made me so mad. I feel like I need closure that I didn't get, but at the same time I still feel it was really good.

CHARACTERS: I didn't really feel particularly tied to any of the characters. None of them had anything quirky about them, they just all seemed like normal everyday people. I did really enjoy the character of Gracie though. She is Ethan's younger sister who was born after he was abducted and whom, the beginning, Ethan refers to as "the replacement child." She was just really cute and made me laugh.

COVER: The cover of this one is very creepy.


*I received a copy of this book from Amazon Vine for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!