Monday, August 1, 2016

Review: Famous in Love

Famous in LoveTITLE: Famous in Love
AUTHOR: Rebecca Serle
PUBLISHER: Macmillan Children's Books
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/23/2014
FORMAT: Paperback
PAGES: 309
SOURCE: Publisher
MY RATING: 

SUMMARY (FROM GOODREADS): She fell in love with him in the books--now she has the chance to star opposite him in the film...

Paige doesn't think she's particularly special, but after getting the starring role in a massive film adaptation of the bestselling Locked trilogy, the rest of the world would disagree. Now she's thrown into the spotlight, and into a world of gossip, rumour and deceit. The only people who know what she's going through are her two male co-stars, and they can't stand the sight of each other. Paige knows it's a mistake to fall in love on the set of a movie, but days of on-screen romance and intensity start to change her mind. The question is, can she keep what happens behind the scenes a secret when the world is watching her every move?

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I needed something light, fluffy and quick to pull me out of my slight reading slump and this book did the trick. I really enjoyed reading it. It was a lot of fun following Paige around and wondering what was going to happen next and speculating how the movie would turn out.

The ending has me a little torn. I don't really agree with Paige's choice and I'm not entirely sure I understand what she's really doing. I'm looking forward to picking up the sequel soon to see what happens next and finally see what Paige is going to do.

CHARACTERS: I didn't feel like there was a lot of character development in this book. I liked our main character, Paige, but I don't really feel that I know her as well as I could. I'm hoping that the next book in the series will have more insight into who all of these characters are.

Also, just a warning, there is a love triangle in this book. I really can't stand love triangles, but I didn't know there was going to be one in this story and I was already too far in to stop reading.

COVER: The cover is cute. I like the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!