Monday, September 22, 2014

Schooled Review

Schooled (Lexy Cooper Mystery #1)

TITLE: Schooled
AUTHOR: Christa Charter
PUBLISHER: Missing Spoon Publishing
PUBLICATION DATE: 11/3/2013
FORMAT: ebook
PAGES: 182
SOURCE: Bought
MY RATING: 


SUMMARY (FROM GOODREADS): Lexy Cooper is a Community Manager at Xenon Corporation, maker of the Xenon 24/7 videogame console and Xenonline gaming service. When a young woman's nude body is discovered on the Xenon corporate campus, Lexy's uncle, homicide detective Mike Malick, catches the case. As Malick investigates the crime, Lexy works the case from inside Xenon and discovers more about the seedy underbelly of the games industry than she ever wanted to know.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This story was pretty good. I wouldn't say that I was blown away or that it was super memorable, but I was entertained while reading it. I had fun trying to figure things out alongside Lexy. The ending was suspenseful, but not suspenseful enough. I felt like there could have been a lot more done with it to make me stand on edge.

CHARACTERS: Lexy annoyed me with the way she used her body to get what she wanted. I just cringed a little bit every time she did it. I liked Mike a lot. He was the right combination of protective and fun, and he was really understanding of what Lexy was going through.

COVER: When I first picked this up, I thought it was a graphic novel because of the cover, but it's not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!