Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Taking Review

The Taking (The Taking, #1)

TITLE: The Taking
AUTHOR: Kimberly Derting
PUBLISHER: Harper Teen
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/29/2014
PAGES: 368
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: When sixteen-year-old Kyra Agnew wakes up behind a dumpster at the Gas 'n' Sip, she has no memory of how she got there. With a terrible headache and a major case of deja vu, she heads home only to discover that five years have passed...yet she hasn't aged a day.

Everything else about Kyra's old life is different. Her parents are divorced, her boyfriend is in college and dating her best friend, and her dad has changed from an uptight neat-freak to a drunken conspiracy theorist who blames her disappearance on little green men. Confused and lost, she turns to Tyler, her boyfriend's annoying kid brother, who is now seventeen and who she has a sudden undeniable attraction to. As Tyler and Kyra retrace her steps from the fateful night of her disappearance, they discover there are others life her who have been taken...and returned.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I went into this book not knowing anything about it. I didn't read the summary because I wanted to be surprised, but I had heard that it might have something to do with aliens, so I was intrigued. This book was really good and had me reading whenever I had free time to see what was going on and what was going to happen. The story moves along very nicely and closer to the end we start to find out more about what it actually going on. 

The ending left everything completely open for the sequel and I cannot wait to see what comes next. I'm left with some questions and I am ready to find out where Kimberly takes the story.

CHARACTERS: Kyra and Tyler are great together. They feel so natural and I really like that. I'm excited to learn more about the characters as the series continues, specifically Kyra's dad and I'd also like to get to know Kyra's little brother more. 

COVER: The cover is awesome. It ties in with the book perfectly. I love the fireflies that make up the title.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!