Saturday, June 21, 2014

A-Z Survey

This next post is going to be for a Survey Swap I am participating in on Swap-Bot. The swap was put together by the user ImzadiRose. She found the survey from Perpetual Page Turner. Here's the questions and my answers:

A: Author You've Read The Most Books From: According to Goodreads, my most read author is Ann M. Martin, which makes sense as I've read a ton of the Baby Sitter's Club books when I was younger. (My Number 2 is Gertrude Chandler Warner, author of the Boxcar Children).

B: Best Sequel Ever: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. (Sequel to The Hunger Games)

C: Currently Reading: Soul Screamers Vol. 1 by Rachel Vincent (Bind up of My Soul to Lose, My Soul to Take, My Soul to Save). The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Alcatraz Escape Files by The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy.

D: Drink Of Choice While Reading: I don't really have one, but if I have to choose I guess I'd say hot chocolate or chocolate milk.

E: E-Reader or Physical Book?: I have a Nook, but I very rarely read it. I like the feel of a physical book and I also love how pretty my books look on a bookshelf. I'm saving for an ipad (it will probably take a really long time) so that I can have both the Nook and Kindle apps to read both.

F: Fictional Character You Would Have Actually Dated In Highschool: I didn't date in high school.

G: Glad You Gave This Book a Chance: The Giver by Lois Lowry. It's been out forever and I never read it, so I'm glad I finally decided to give it a try because I loved it.

H: Hidden Gem Book: Stained by Cheryl Rainfield. I don't think it's a very well known book, but I loved it and gave it 5 stars!

I: Important Moment in Your Reading Life: More like moments. When my mom would read to me on the couch. She got me interested in books and from then on I couldn't stop reading.

J: Just Finished: The Taking by Kimberly Derting.

K: Kinds of Books You Won't Read: Fiction books about trees. I'm not a huge fan of strictly science fiction books.

L: Longest Book You Read: Under the Dome by Stephen King at 1,074 pages.

M: Major Book Hangover Because Of: Killer Instinct by S.E. Green. That book twisted and chewed up my mind. I loved it.

N: Number of Bookcases You Own: Currently only one, that has 5 shelves. I get to use the top 3 shelves and my boyfriend gets the bottom 2. The rest of my books are in boxes (tons and tons of boxes). We are moving soon and after our move, we will be making another move into our first house, so I am planning on having a small library set up somewhere for all of my books!

O: One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: I don't reread my books that much. I usually reread them if there is a movie coming out and I want to refresh myself on the story line before I see the movie. My last reread was about a year ago of To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee because I hadn't read it since high school and won a copy in a giveaway.

P: Preferred Place to Read: I usually read in bed before I go to sleep, but during the day I love reading on the couch with all my cozy blankets and sometimes a cat. :)

Q: Quote That You Like From a Book You've Read: "Real life is only ever just real life. Messy. What it means depends on how you look at it. The only thing you've got to do is find a way to live there." ~Patrick Ness, More Than This

R: Reading Regret: I always regret when I decide to give a book a chance and end up forcing myself to read the whole thing even if I'm not enjoying it. There's too many good books out there that I could have read instead!

S: Series You Started and Need to Finish: The Champion series by Marie Lu. I read the first one and enjoyed it. I have the box set. I just have to finish my backlog of review books so I can get back into the series again.

T: Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books: A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer. Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson. Swan Song by Robert McCammon.

U: Unapologetic Fangirl For: Harry Potter. I started the series in 6th grade when it first came out and one of my teachers read it to my class. From then I was hooked and bought each book on its release day. I still currently listen to podcasts about the series and I'm hoping to have a Harry Potter marathon soon where I read each book and then follow it up with its movie.

V: Very Excited For This Release More Than All Others: I'm going to say Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (#3 in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series). It's already out, but I absolutely loved the first book in the series. I haven't read the second one yet, but I need to get my hands on a copy of the second and third so I can marathon all 3.

W: Worst Bookish Habit: Stocking up on all of the Kindle freebies that I get e-mailed to me and then never reading them.

X: X Marks the Spot. Start At The Top Left Of Your Shelf And Pick the 27th Book: Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay

Y: Your Latest Book Purchase: A Barnes and Noble Leather bound Classic edition of The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne and a bind up of the the first five novels of The Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum.

Z: ZZZ-Snatcher Book: Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn. This book was so good that I had to stay up late to find out what was going to happen.



1 comment:

  1. aw, thank you for saying STAINED is a hidden gem; I appreciate. (smiling at you)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!