Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Touch Mortal

TITLE: A Touch Mortal

AUTHOR: Leah Clifford

PUBLISHER: Greenwillow Books

RELEASE DATE:  February 22, 2011

PAGES: 417

MY RATING: 2.5/5

INSIDE COVER BLURB: Eden didn't expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick-up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long, happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every tough, Eden could be the key in the the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.

And that's only the beginning of the end.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I really wanted to like this book. And it almost had me. But there was just some things about it that I don't believe were up to par all the way. First of all, I was very confused in the beginning of the book. I didn't understand what all of the characters were and exactly what they could do. I'm still not really sure about that. Also, I feel like the plot was a little lacking. I didn't understand what the plot was supposed to be about really. It didn't seem like there was a direction. I was left with some questions such as where is the story line going? What are they hiding from? What is the goal of any of the groups in the story. I just didn't understand what I was supposed to get out of the book. Now, all of that being said, I really enjoyed the last couple of chapters. They were very exciting and it seemed like a small plot took place. I don't want to get too much into the story because I don't want to give anything away, but some characters were trying to save another character and it gave the book a little bit of somewhere to go. In other words, at the end of the book, there was a conflict and a resolution.

The book was left in a way that makes me believe there will be a sequel, and I am interesting in reading that, to see if the author uses what happened at the end of the story to create another book that has a little more depth to it and a more prominent direction.

CHARACTERS: I enjoyed all of the characters in this book. They all had their own personalities and it seemed like they were well rounded.

COVER: Great cover. I love the dark feel of it and the tagline on it fits the story perfectly (She's been betrayed by life, by love, and by death.

*I received a copy of this book from the Amazon Vine program for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!