Friday, March 8, 2013

Entwined Book Review


TITLE: Entwined
AUTHOR: Heather Dixon
PUBLISHER: Greenwillow Books
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/29/2011
PAGES: 472
MY RATING: 


INSIDE COVER SUMMARY: Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her...beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing...it's taken away. All of it.

The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.

Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.

But there is a cost.

The Keeper likes to keep things.

Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late. 

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was a cute story. I have seen in other reviews that it is based on a fairy tale called "Twelve Dancing Princesses" but I have never read or even heard of it before so I cannot compare this story to that. The story was a little slow for my tastes, but towards the end it did pick up a little and got exciting.

CHARACTERS: It was hard to keep track of all of the sisters, but it wasn't really vital to the story to remember all of them. The main character, Azalea, was an all around great person. She was very kind and very protective of her sisters. 

COVER: The cover of this book is gorgeous. It is honestly the main reason that I picked this book up in the first place. I could stare at it for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!