Thursday, September 27, 2012

Blind Spot Review

TITLE: Blind Spot
AUTHOR: Laura Ellen
PUBLISHER: Harcourt Children's Books
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/23/2012
PAGES: 336
MY RATING:


BACK COVER SUMMARY: Winter stops hiding Tricia Farni on Good Friday. When a truck plunges through the thinning ice of Alaska's Birch River, Tricia's body floats to the surface -- dead since the night she disappeared six months earlier. The night Roswell Hart fought with her. The night Roz can't remember.

Missing things is nothing new to sixteen-year-old Roz; she has macular degeneration, an eye disease that robs her central vision. She's constantly piecing together what she sees -- or thinks she sees -- but this time her memory needs piecing together. Yet how can Roz be sure of the truth if her own memory has betrayed her? Can she clear her name of a murder that she believes she didn't commit?

Debut author Laura Ellen draws on her own experiences with vision loss in an emotional and suspenseful page-turner that straddles the world of special needs and the minefield of high school.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was such a great book. I was sucked into the story line right from the beginning. Nothing seems to go right for Roz (the main character) and I felt for her and was rooting for her the whole way through.

CHARACTERS: Tricia was an interesting character. She had her ups and downs and I wasn't sure if I liked her or if I didn't like her. I loved to hate Mr. Dellian. I was appaled at the way he treated Roz and was fascinated to see the things he was able to get away with.

COVER: I love the cover! It's so so creepy and made me open the book to find out what it was all about.

*I received an advanced copy of this book from Amazon Vine for Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!