Sunday, August 5, 2012

When You Were Mine Review


TITLE: When You Were Mine
AUTHOR: Rebecca Serle
PUBLISHER: Simon Pulse
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/1/2012
PAGES: 334
MY RATING:


INSIDE COVER BLURB: Rosaline knows that she and Rob are destined to be together. Rose has been waiting for years for Rob to kiss her -- and when he finally does, it's perfect. But then Juliet moves back to town. Juliet, who used to be Rose's best friend. Juliet, who now inexplicably hates her. Juliet, who is gorgeous, vindictive, and a little bit crazy...and who has set her sights on Rob. He doesn't even stand a chance.

Rose is devestated over losing Rob to Juliet.This is not how the story was supposed to go. And when rumors start swirling about Juliet's instability, her neediness, and her threats of suicide, Rose starts to fear not only for Rob's heart, but also for his life. Because Shakesepeare may have gotten the story wrong, but we all still know how it ends.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: Absolutely amazing! I could not get enough of this book. The first half of the story was super sweet. I love the way Rose and Rob are together. I went through so many emotions while reading this book -- happiness, anger, devestation. It felt like I was actually in the story. I was so emotionally connected to the story and the characters.

The ending was superb. The epilogue was perfect and could not have been written any better.

CHARACTERS: There were a lot of well rounded characters in this book. There's wasn't a character that I did not like. I feel like all of the characters are normal everyday people that I have encountered throughout my life. There's the group of girls who are best friends, the boy and girl romance spawned from a life of growing up together, and the misunderstood rival girl.

COVER: Very cute. It just looks like a couple coming in for an innocent, sweet kiss. I love the tagline on the cover as well: "What if the greaes love story ever told was the wrong one?"

*I received a copy of this book from Amazon Vine for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!