Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Girl Meets Boy Review

 

TITLE: Girl Meets Boy
EDITED BY: Kelly Milner Halls
PUBLISHER: Chronicle Books
 PUBLICATION DATE: 12/28/2011
PAGES: 193
MY RATING: 




 INSIDE COVER BLURB: Twelve of the most dynamic and engaging YA authors writing today team up for this one-of-a-kind collection of he said/she said stories-he tells it from the guy's point of view, she tells it from the girl's. Stories of love and heartbreak, like the good-looking jock who falls for a dangerous girl and the flipside of the toxic girl who never learns to be loved; a basketball star and the artistic (and shorter) boy she never knew she wanted; and a gay boy looking for love online and the girl who could help make it happen, teach us that relationships become complicated because there are two sides to every story.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I was disappointed by this book. I was really hoping that this book was going to be filled with cutesy puppy love type stories, but most of the stories did not fit this at all. I felt like some of the stories didn't connect with each other and I just didn't really enjoy reading this one.

It wasn't all bad though; the third set of stories was my favorite ('Want to Meet' and 'Meeting for Real'). I fell for both characters and the endings were sweet. The last story was also enjoyable. I got sucked in by the quick back and forth of the point-of-views.

CHARACTERS: Except for the characters in the third set of stories, I just didn't really connect with any other characters. I feel like they were all pretty boring and I didn't really care about them.

COVER: The cover is great! I love the way they are sitting in the tree.

*I received a finished copy of this book from Amazon Vine for a review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!