Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Silent Echoes by Carla Jablonski Review

TITLE: Silent Echoes

AUTHOR: Carla Jablonski

PUBLISHER: Razorbill

PAGES: 344

MY RATING: 4/5

INSIDE COVER BLURB: Sixteen-year-old Lucy Phillips lives with her father in nineteenth-century Manhattan where together they concoct schemes and cons to make a living. Then Lucy hears a real "spirit" speak to her at a seance packed with wealthy socialites, and she quickly gains fame and fortune as a talented medium who can share valuable knowledge about the future.

In modern-day New York City, Lindsay Miller is terrified by the girl's voice she's started hearing in her head. Worried she's losing her mind, Lindsay finally admits what's happening, and she's hospitalized for schizophrenia.

But when the two girls realize they are hearing each other's voices across time, they begin to see possibilities that will change both of their lives forever....

Author Carla Jablonski weaves together the riveting stories of two girls who live centuries apart into one unforgettable novel.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: I loved this book. It was so much fun to read. I loved the way the author wove the two stories together and that we got to see the story from two different sides. It was really interesting to be able to compare the life that I am more familiar with to the life from back in the nineteenth century. The ending of the book made me really happy too. I don't want to give anything away, but I'm glad it ended the way it did.

COVER: I'd give the cover a 3/5. I'm not sure who the girl on the cover is supposed to be, but I like to think it's a combination of the two girls, which I think is a great idea if that is the case.

CHARACTERS: I loved both the characters of Lucy and Lindsay. They had a lot in common both being teenage girls, but they were also so different because of the things they've grown up around.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked my book, Stacey! And I'm always happy to see people who love to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book before... but it sounds like it is a good read! Love your review for it. I'm definitely going to be checking this book out now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!