Monday, May 6, 2013

MILA 2.0 Review


TITLE: MILA 2.0
AUTHOR: Debra Drizer
PUBLISHER: Katherine Tegen Books
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/12/2013
PAGES: 480
MY RATING:


BOOK SUMMARY (From Goodreads): Mila 2.0 is the first book in an electrifying sci-fi thriller series about a teenage girl who discovers that she is an experiment in artificial intelligence. 

Mila was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was a girl living with her mother in a small Minnesota town. She was supposed to forget her past--that she was built in a secret computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do.

Now she has no choice but to run--from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology. However, what Mila's becoming is beyond anyone's imagination, including her own, and it just might save her life.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: This was a really fun and exciting book to read. There were so many action packed scenes that kept me riveted. There were no dull moments in this book and I can't wait for the next book in the series to find out what happens next.



I have heard that this book is going to be made into a t.v. series and I am really excited about that. I think that with a t.v. series they could actually expand upon the idea of this book and run with it.

CHARACTERS: There were a lot of characters in this story that I want to know more about and I'm hoping that we will find out some more information on them as the series progresses. One person I want to know more about is Nicole, Mila's "mom". What made her get into her profession and what really happened that led up to her leaving. I also want to know more about Lucas. I'm really interested in his back story and I wonder if there will be more of him in the next book. I'm also really excited that we get to see more of Hunter going forward. I really enjoyed his character and his chemistry with Mila.

COVER: I love it. I really like the way the image pulls off of the page and has a very robotic look to it.

**I received an ARC of this book from Amazon Vine for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment! I love hearing what you have to say!